Sunday, November 7, 2010

Organization Starts with You.

I think when you organize, especially if you have children, you need to start with yourself. The best place to start is with your personal items, ie; clothes, shoes, make-up, purse, etc...
I know in most people’s closets and dressers there are items that they haven’t worn in over a year. Get rid of them.

The frugal part of me use to cringe and want to resist, but by giving items to people who could use it right now it helped to ease my resistance. And the fact that I can find stuff faster because I don’t have to dig through everything is a wonderful feeling.

I think the easiest way to do this is to make sure you have some boxes that you can put donations directly into and a garbage can to throw away anything that is in too bad of shape to be donated.

I use to suggest having a box to put items in that needed to be mended, but be honest, if those items have been sitting around for awhile now then you really don’t need them.

Each person’s situation is different so for me to suggest that you only keep two pairs of jeans and eight shirts is foolish. I will put out the fact that people only wear 20% of their clothes 80% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment