Sunday, October 10, 2010

Most Women love Bright, Shiny Things

A college friend came for a visit yesterday (we hadn't seen her in over six years). She's one of those friends that we can still finish each other's sentences even after all these years.
It is wonderful to see that we are heading down a very similar path.

S. and my college friend, C. are very similar in their way of opening people's cabinets and drawers to see what's inside. While some people may find this very intrusive, I really don't mind. (perhaps they were detectives in a past life)
While exploring some of our cabinets, C. mentioned that they were empty. S. and I just smiled and commented how only two days before that wouldn't have been the case.

S. and I have been continuing to donate items we don't use to the Family Center. We have another car-load to drop off tomorrow. And in that load will be my jewelry chest that stands about three feet high.... filled with most of my jewelry.
I kept most of my rings and 10 pairs of earrings. I also put aside some fun costume jewelry for my god-daughter to play dress-up. All the other shiny baubles I haven't worn in years. Hopefully someone else will get enjoyment from them.

It truly is amazing how much stuff you don't use, and what a wonderful feeling you get when you know the items are going to someone who can use them.

Yes, I have become an online pusher! What will you de-clutter today?

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, and you've inspired me to do some organizing and de-cluttering this weekend!

    ~Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I would love to hear about what you decided to organize or de-clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, Landry will love to play dress up with your jewelry. She is already addicted to her "make up" which is actually purple lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete