Sunday, May 2, 2010

In tune

People release their emotions different ways. Some yell, others become withdrawn. Some frown, others put on a fake happy smile. I write or I cry.

I had a very good life growing up. I seldom remember crying, but I did write. I wrote until my second year of college, and then I became too busy imbibing in life's excesses. Whether it was alcohol, staying out late and not sleeping, or exploring my sexual side. While none of these things were bad, I lost the moderation switch, and I lost a part of me because I stopped writing. Instead I cried, and cried, and cried.

Who knows, maybe it was depression. My body was depressed because it wasn't getting the nutrition and exercise all of us need. My mind was depressed because it wasn't getting the release of thoughts, ideas and emotions onto paper. My emotional needs were being met by my husband, but we need all four chambers of our being (home, heart) to be working harmoniously together.

Besides the physical, mental and emotional parts of us I also believe all of us have a spiritual side. For some it's their faith in a higher power, for others it's tapping into their sixth sense, and for others it's just their ability to be.

My spiritual side was with me this morning. I have been wanting to move my living room into the dining room and the dining room into the living room, but I've been searching for a dining table and a love seat.
I had a dream this morning and in it I remembered that my mom has a dining room table and chairs in the basement. She tried giving it to us two years ago, but it didn't fit into our life then. I woke up from the dream and called her to ask if we could still have it. She said I was lucky because she was going to get rid of it in the garage sale. I wouldn't call it luck, just being in tune with the universe.

1 comment:

  1. Dang. I'm in tune with my iPod and that's about it. You're so much cooler than me!

    ReplyDelete